American Friends’ High School Initiative
American Friends is proud to represent the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust in the United States to introduce the Trust’s education capabilities to American high schools. American Friends’ primary objective is to promote customized studies in Shakespeare’s life, work and times in situ in Stratford-upon-Avon, UK.
Lakeside School, Seattle, Washington launched our High School Initiative in 2010; they are so pleased with the program that this has become part of their summer class offerings. In 2011, Concord Academy, Concord, MA, and Horace Mann School, NY custom-designed their course of study. In 2012, Concord Academy returned during their spring break and School of the Holy Child, Rye, NY attended during the summer session. Within two years 84 high school students attended customized courses in Stratford-upon-Avon, UK.
- The SBT Learning Team
- Observed Study Courses
- Educator Testimonials
- Educator’s Report and Review
- Student Journals and Reflections
- Lakeside School, Seattle, WA
- Concord Academy, Concord, MA
- School of the Holy Child, Rye, NY
- Horace Mann School, Bronx, NY
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)